Thursday, August 29, 2013

Beautiful Day...

I have had to rethink a lot of things lately and my choices are one of them...I have a hard time trying to blogg asI have not a very interesting life as I see it and I just go about my daily business.. I dont see anything in it that would be of interest in it to others so blogging is very hard for me . But, I have decided to view it as therapy, who can say what kind.
Running a small patchwork business isnt easy there are always a million things that need to be done and you seldom have time to work on your own sewing projects or even be able to get out to spend time with friends, there is also the daily grind that everyone has at work, but the time it takes is amazing to me. I get to work around 7am and I leave any where from 5:30 to 10pm or so depending on the day or night if there is a class. The paperwork never stops rather like laundry and there is still the cleaning to be done no matter how much is done today one person can come in and the floors need to be redone.
Inspite of it all I love what I am doing. I love it when someone brings in something they are working on and we can help them, and the projects are terrific. The different things that people bring in to show are fantastic, you can see the personality in each project and the care that went into it. Yesterday, Amanda brought in a pair of cargo shorts that she had made for her husband with some of the fabrics she bought for here at the shop, they were great, the lining coordinated and she is such a good sewer you would have thought they were store bought. In a few days our contest will be over and the photos will come in and I cant wait to see everything, so many clever people out there and I think it is the best part of the job.. being inspired by what others are doing.
Well duty calls as I think I need to get ready to open for another day, it is never boring and you cant help but look forward to it. Everyone have a great day as I know I will, the sun is shinning and the weather is warming..
Until later , Happy Sewing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment